Ivan Pchelin, MD, PhD, assistant professor at Saint Petersburg State University
In 2012 Ivan Pchelin defended his PhD thesis entitled "Clinical significance and tactics in treatment of the anemic syndrome in patients with diabetic nephropathy".
Among his scientific projects there are 2 studies supported by the grants of the President of the Russian Federation (MK-5632.2015.7 "Mechanisms of development and clinical significance of anemia in patients with diabetic nephropathy") and Russian Foundation for Basic Research (17-54-04080 "The search of markers predicting effectiveness of nephroprotection in type 2 diabetes mellitus").
Ivan Pchelin is the author of more than 80 scientific papers, including publications in "Journal of Diabetes Research", "Atherosclerosis", and other high-ranking scientific journals.
He was a speaker at global scientific events, including:
- 33rd World Congress of Internal Medicine (Nusa Dua, Indonesia, 2016),
- 12th Aesthetic and Anti-Aging European Congress (Paris, France, 2016),
- 6th International Congress on Endocrinology and Metabolism (Seoul, South Korea, 2018).
Ivan Pchelin also has the experience of organizing international scientific events. From 2013 till 2016 he worked as the executive secretary of the Organizing Committee of annual International Biomedical Conference for Young Researchers "Fundamental Science and Clinical Medicine - Human and Health" held at Saint Petersburg State University.
He is a member of the Scientific committees in the fields of Medicine and Biology and the Council of Young Scientists at Saint Petersburg State University.
In 2018 Ivan Pchelin was included in the Committee for primary accreditation of specialists with higher medical education by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation.
For his scientific, clinical and organizational activity Ivan Pchelin was awarded with:
- Diploma of the laureate of the contest of young therapists conducted by the Saint Petersburg Therapeutic Society named after S.P. Botkin (2010),
- Scholarship of the President of the Russian Federation (2011-2012),
- Diploma of the Association for the Studies of Neuroimmunoendocrinology “For the contribution to the studies of the immunological mechanisms of diabetes mellitus” (2016),
- Certificate of the Regional Public Organization "Medical doctors of St. Petersburg" for paticipation in accreditation of graduates of medical universities in Saint Petersburg in 2018.